Apply on 01 January, 2021
Collection and use of personal data
Personal data is information that can be used to identify or contact a single living person (including but not limited to name, address, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, education qualifications, posts and other content you may submit to our websites or portals).
In broad terms, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in;
- To communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable or have been updated;
- For fraud screening and prevention purposes;
- For record keeping purposes;
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- To track your activity on our digital platforms;
- To create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- To personalize and improve your experience on our digital platforms;
- To personalize and/ tailor any communications that we may send you;
- For profiling purposes to enable us to personalize and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
When we provide you with products or services, we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us create better content and more relevant communications:
- How you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used;
- Your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system;
- Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information;
- What content you like or share;
- Which adverts you saw and responded to;
- Which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to;
- Your subscription status;
- Information collected in any forms you complete.
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms.